BlueTooth Issues

Donald Reader fc-list at reader.ws
Mon Dec 31 23:43:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 00:28 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2007 9:02 PM, Donald Reader <fc-list at reader.ws> wrote:
> >
> >  Man I am ready to give up on this project. I have looked for an updated
> > package that will work on my system with
> >  no results what so ever. Even tried the packages for the fc8 and fc9
> > releases LOL even though I should not have.
> >  the only one that comes close to working is kdebluetooth.i386
> > 0:1.0-0.16.20060908svn.fc6. The only issue with it is
> >  I still can not get the darn pin input box to popup like it should. It does
> > read the headset. Also need to get the headset and
> >  hands free services activated some how as that might be the issue. Again I
> > don't my head from a hole in the ground on
> >  this one.
> >
> >  SomeOne PLEASE help
> >
> >  Don
> > --
>
> Don,
>
> A. FC6 has been EOL'ed and is no longer supported. You should consider
> upgrading your FC6 machine to F7 or F8.
> B. You're using an old (and unsupported) version of kdebluetooth. You
> cannot install newer versions of kdebluetooth (taken from F7/8) on FC6
> as they require newer versions of the bluetooth tool-chain that are
> only included in F7 (or above).
>
> ... In short, if you want to use kdebluetooth, you'll have to upgrade
> to a -supported- version of Fedora.
>
> - Gilboa

Thanks and it is easier said than done as far a updating the whole
operating system. I don't have
but the one computer and I can't be offline for that long of a time. I
also am having major issues
with my cd burner so burning new cds is out of the question and most of
my spare blanks went
into getting fc6 burned. I knew I was going to get upgrade or get lost.
I really wish there was an
easy way to upgrade without wasting a few dozen disc's again. I read
somewhere it can be done
so now need to find out how.

I have run fedora for years and could usually find the answers to issues
on my own. I finally get
to the point of fustration that I decided to join this list in hopes of
getting some answers. You would
think that it being an older version someone would have an answer or at
least a few links. This has
sure taught me a lesson about trying to get help anywhere. As usual left
on your own no matter what.
and to think I have talked ppl into getting and running fedora on their
computers and they usually come
to me for answers and I can usually find them if I don't already know
it. The one time I seemed to get
stumped and I am told upgrade. Sounds to me like fc8 is a headache and I
don't need my computer down
or not able to connect to my servers online

Thanks
Don