Very hard time installing Flash on FC6.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 09:45:57 UTC 2007

On 01/02/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> On Thu February 1 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > What is the next course of action?
>
> I don't have FF 2.0 running on this machine, but I do have it on my jacklab
> box (a SUSE 10.2 derivative which is customized for musicians and media
> content creators). I've always used Stanton Finley's instructions for
> installing most of this sort of stuff, and even though he's moved on to
> Ubuntu and didn't continue past FC5, I've found that most of his instrux for
> FC5 work just fine for FC6. I was going to use his suggested method but in
> his last instruction of that section, he suggests a site to visit to check
> your installation, and on a whim, I clicked on that link. When I got to the
> site, it said I needed additional plug-ins to run the page and offered a
> button to click-install, so I did that. It worked! I can't say which piece of
> software was responsible for that particular piece of voodo - whether it was
> Firefox, SUSE, or what - it happenned quite quickly. I would guess that this
> was part of the jacklab customization of SUSE at work, but that's just a
> guess. In any event, I would suggest you review Stanton's instructions, and
> start from there - he does have a suggestion for modifying a Selinux setting
> that might be your issue.
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

I have SELinux disabled, so that shouldn't be the problem. Also, I
forgot to mention the obvious: I did click the Automatic Install
option, before I tried the other methods mentions. That didn't work,
either.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/12/aaliyah.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/e-mail.html