[Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Fri Feb 2 05:57:16 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 00:24, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Mail List wrote:
> >    What happened for me - I booted the installer out of grub with
> >    kernel ... vnc vncconnect=<ip> ip=dhcp lang=en_US keymap=us
> > device=ethX
> >
> >    it boots and anaconda prompts for other eth device info before
> > starting up vnc - so I had to type at console to tell it info about the
> > other nics - after that it talks the listening vnc client at remote end -
>
>     Grrrrr...  Okay, is there a parameter that tells it to IGNORE eth0
> and eth2, as in don't even bother to probe.  I don't care if it ignores
> them throughout the entire installation process, I can configure them
> after the system comes back up.

   If yoiu figure it out let me know - a kickstart may work - i didn't try
it - looks like it might - i didnt do anything with nic modules ...

  Btw - you have to specify lan and kbd or else it prompts for those at
console as well.

   I got bored - and since I had the vnc after a little fiddling  I stopped -
i told myself _next_ time i'll fiddle with a kickstart to see if I get mroe
joy.