Problem accessing some https sites

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:39:13 UTC 2007

> The file is created on boot by the kernel (ever hear of "procfs"?) and
> by default contains a "1".  Doing the echo replaces the "1" with a "0"
> and turns off ECN.  If you want to make it permanent, then put an entry
> in /etc/sysctl.conf:
>
>         net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0
>
> and it'll get set to 0 when sysctl is run via the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
> script during startup.

Thanks Rick.  I am aware of what the /proc directory is, hence why I
was a bit confused by the solution seeing it would only be for that
session (unless you put that in /etc/profile to happen at each startup
but that didn't seem like the best way to do it).  I was not aware
that you could make that change permanently via /etc/sysctl.conf.
Prior to the troubles I had herein and your solution I was not aware
of that file.  Not something that I have had to deal with before.

Thanks,

Jacques B.