Start only one program at login

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 3 01:16:31 UTC 2007

On 02Feb2007 12:24, khemera lin <lin.kh at wicam.com.kh> wrote:
| I tried to make the setting apply globally by editing the
| file /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession file by putting the sames two lines:
|
| #####
| metacity --sm-disable

You need a trailing "&" here. But that is not your problem.

| exec firefox
| #####
|
| But it did not work. It gives me this error:
| "Cannot start the session due to some internal error."
|
| In my case, i would like any user to login to my system and can only use
| firefox. Could someone please help me to fix it?

Modify it like this:

  exec >/tmp/session.out.$$ 2>&1
  set -x
  metacity --sm-disable &
  exec firefox

Let it fail. Then:

  cd /tmp
  ls -ltr session.out.*

Examine the most recent one. It may contain error messages which clarify
the problem.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I'm not procrastinating... I'm being _uncooperative_.
- hey! <http://slashdot.org/~hey!>