Suspend bug

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 05:42:02 UTC 2007

on 02/01/2007 12:20 PM David G. Miller wrote:
> Alan <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> occurs during the second "suspend". System did not crash though, i mean
>>> it was still functional except that the PM (power manager) throws a pop
>>> up saying that the suspend was failed.
>>

>> Does this occur if you don't have the proprietary nvidia drivers
>> installed ?
> Save you the trouble of asking me the same question.  From xorg.conf for
> my laptop:

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "radeon"
> EndSection
>
> The actual video device is an ATI Radeon Express 200M.

I have Compaq Presario v2404us (consider it HP) Turion based. FC6 x86_64
installed. Is is equipped with ATI Radeon Express 200M videodapter which
I use with opensource drivers. I experience regular daily crashes (1-2
times per day) with kernel panic (blinking CapsLock led, darks screen,
non-responsive system). I did not notice any correlation between the
crashes and my activity on this laptop, it can happen equally under
heavy load as well as right after waking up the machine from the suspend
mode.

kernel version 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6

familiar symptoms huh?

note, I did not have such problem using FC4 on this machine for the
whole year.

because of kernel panic, I assume I can't catch any output in the log
files about the cause, can I?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./