Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

Andreas (Andy) Roddau awroddau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 02:01:40 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 20:39, Gueckel, P. wrote:

> I did exactly what you said. I had exactly that, except that google help
> says to use googlemail.com. I changed it to gmail.com. For sending,
> google says port 465 with SSL. I will give port 587 with TLS a try.

Not according to what I'm reading.  Check this page.  In any event, having
changed it to "gmail" should fix that part of it for you.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13285&topic=1556

> Curious thing is, I have exactly the same as you for pop and this is
> what google help says, but no mail is downloaded, but when I log in,
> it's there.

Make sure you have POP enabled in your Gmail account settings.  I got
caught with that turned off at first.  This *must* be turned on.

--
Andreas (Andy) Roddau --- Linux User #434932