X-windows from Windows XP

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 17:05:26 UTC 2007

ram wrote:
> On 2/5/07, Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>>
>> ram wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > can some one tell me
>> >
>> > is there any tool i can connect from Windows XP to FC6
>> > and get X-windows Visual effects
>> >
>> > suggestion will be great with URLs
>> > did google but not much searches found
>> >
>> > ram
>> >

>> You can install cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com; includes a X server), or
>> you can use FreeNX
>> (http://freenx.berlios.de/).
>

> Hi
>
> thanks i hve downloaded freenx and its running
>
> on FC6
>
> /usr/bin/nxserver --start
> NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-50 OS (GPL)
> NX> 122 Service started
> NX> 999 Bye
>

> when i try to connect from my Windows XP
>
> iam getting this error
>
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2276
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: ipaddress of te server on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>

> any suggestions
>
> ram

Your NX client doesn't have the correct key for your NX server. If the
setup for your NX server is the same as ours then the key is in
/etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key.

There are some good instructions for how to setup clients here:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555