greylisting with procmail

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Tue Feb 6 11:40:01 UTC 2007

Tim escribió:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 04:21 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> FWIW, grey listing has cut incoming spam here by 80%.
>
> What sort of time delay do you find it adds to getting your mail?
>
> Looking at some systems that uses greylisting for my mail to go through,
> it can take several hours for some messages to get delivered.  It makes
> e-mail utterly useless for some things.  It also makes mail testing a
> right pain in the arse.  You can't set up filters and send yourself a
> test mail, well not unless you fancy spending days doing something that
> should just take minutes.

We're using postfix with postgrey and we don't have that amount of delay.

I also haven't seen such a drastic cut in spam messages as to 80%, but
maybe 40% or 50%. We do have other spam tools installed as well.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA