xmms fc6

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:25:42 UTC 2007

François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I wonder how to have xmms working under fc6: it is unable to play any cd
> because (I think) it requires a device (no problem: /dev/cdrom ...)
> *and* a directory, /media/cdrom in later version of fedora.
>
> There is no more /media/cdrom... and :media is empty, even if I load a
> cd/dvd/usb-key....
>
> Where is the config for external media?

Short answer; you don't need a directory, all you need to do
is enter /dev/cdrom in the open files dialog (or whatever
the appropriate device is).  Removable media now gets
mounted under /media with a name derived from the media
title, which seems a bit awkward, however CDAudio doesn't
get mounted anyway, so there's no meaning to a
corresponding mount point.

--
imalone