yum-updatesd is totally broken

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 01:49:19 UTC 2007

Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> yum-updatesd is definitely leaking memory. I restarted it on Thursday
> and now it's up to 917 MB.

I have not yet been able to get yum-updatesd to work at all, ever,
on any one of the half dozen or more FC6 machines I look after.
And whenever I look at a Fedora Core 6 system set up by someone else,
I find it's not working there either.

This could be because I'm at a uni where web access goes through
a proxy, but I've never had any problems getting plain yum to work
through that.

So far I've been disabling yum-updatesd and replicating the old cron
entry from FC5.  But there are plenty of FC6 users around here who
don't know how to do this and don't even realise they're running
without updates...

Danny.
Computer Systems Manager
School of Medical Sciences