Reporting bugs. (Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:40:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 08:28 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> I enjoy the myth of calling Fedora a community driven project. It is a
> project driven by the people who run Fedora. I have yet to see any
> suggestion made by the Fedora list community accepted by Fedora
> developers, but I am not on the fedora-developers list so I may have
> missed it. It was Fedora that has failed me by giving me the FC6
> distribution that exhibits problems not found on any other previous
> Fedora or Red Hat distribution. It is annoying to take 5 months to
> figure out how to deal with the problems of a distribution that is
> created anew every 6 or 7 months. But I admit it is educational.

Aaron, I feel your frustration, but it certainly is not something done
intentionally to frustrate you. Take a deep breath. Inhale through your
nostrils and let it out your mouth. <grins> Yoga calming exercise to
balance your chakras. It works. It puts oxygen to the brain quickly and
calms the mind with clearer thought. Now, I've taken up for your cause
to a point. I have ranted a bit about "teamwork" and the need for all of
us to "perspective take" when someone goes off wacko with frustration.
It is not uncommon, yet one (or at the extreme, two) post of frustration
is usually enough.

I have been wondering for the longest time why the feature in Firefox
you mentioned was missing. Someone somewhere surely turned it off. Maybe
they just made a mistake or a decision based on a best-guess. I have no
clue. But, the answer to remedy it has arrived, like all good things do,
on their time schedule not ours. The entire Universe operates in this
fashion, although I admit it is maddening to me, just about every
time. :)

Fedora -is- a community driven project and, like all communities, if you
want to politic consider becoming a politician. (gentle tones here) I
myself don't have the time nor the need for that kind of
responsibility... nor even the talent, to be honest. So, I seek a level
of Power and Authority that equals the degree of Responsibility I have
to invest, which is pretty much zilch. Ah! Now the World spins in
greased grooves ...for me. Nor can I demand anything, as I am not
responsible for much other than my little bit of participation on the
list. That's my two cents worth, I hope you feel where I'm coming from.
Yoga does work! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net