FC6 x86_64: Trying to debug Transgaming/wineHQ wine

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Feb 8 16:20:52 UTC 2007

Sean Bruno wrote:
> I've been trying to use the Transgaming version of wine on FC6 x86_64 at
> home recently.  Some games do play flawlessly, but I am running into a
> baffling issue trying to install others.
>
> For Diablo 2, the installer will run and proceed normally until I need
> to swap out disks and it attempts to pull data off of the 'play disk.'
> The installer can 'see' the CD in the drive if I browse to it withing
> the wine session, so the disk is definitely present.

snip

Hal is another issue with Cedega.
Its perfectly OK with Hal if you go ahead and put a 'fixed' entry in
/etc/fstab for the CDROM.  That way cedega has a much easier time using
it, ejecting during installs, etc.

This is what I used to good effect:

/dev/hdc               /media/cdrom            auto
defaults,user,managed,ro 0 0

That way both hal and cedega were happy.

Put in a CD, type: mount /media/cdrom
or Use one of the GUI mount tools.

As for kernel tuning:

I have these in /etc/sysctl.conf