installing Firefox 2.0 on FedoraCore6

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 8 19:46:09 UTC 2007

Larry Kelly <ldk2005 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On a clean patched FC6,  I first tried  Remi's rpm.  It failed to install
> because of gecko dependency issues.

That's why you're supposed to enable his repository and simply "yum update"
or "yum update firefox", not just fetch the RPM. Or you can fetch the rebuilt
versions of the packages with the "gecko dependency issues" by hand, he
provides a list of rebuilt RPMs with download links in the newsitem for a
reason.

> I then tried Andrea's solution.  Which installed without problems.-Larry

And certainly dragged in a few packages from development, the exact same ones
that you were supposed to get from Rémi, but in the development/Rawhide version
instead of the "FC6 version rebuilt for Firefox 2". Unless yum is leaving you
with broken dependencies (which would be a serious bug in yum), there's no way
updating Firefox from Rawhide can require you to update less packages than
updating it from Rémi's repository does.

        Kevin Kofler