Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:50:41 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> There have been over one million downloads of Fedora Core 6 and I can only
> think of maybe four people on this list that have mentioned webcams.
>
> Do you suppose that since the driver developers get paid by the hardware
> makers to write Windows drivers that they do it for that reason? They do it
> for the money. And since you want free driver support for your free OS there
> just might be very little incentive to pay to have drivers written for
> Linux? For no money. I don't know what they are paying but I would think
> that writing drivers for four people, give or take a few more, would not
> even be be on the 'list of important things to do'.
>
> Think about this that way.

I'm paying for the hardware. I will pay for hardware that works with
my operating system. You know what? I'm not proud: I'd pay for Fedora.
I use Fedora because I find it to be an excellent operating system,
not because it's free.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/617/yo-yo.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/energy.html