Livna repo broken?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Feb 9 18:33:57 UTC 2007

On Fri February 9 2007 11:05:10 am Aaron Konstam wrote:
> First  of all smart does not use the original livna.repo. It
> forces you to create a livna channel. This breaks the
> structure of the livna.repo because smart, as far as I can
> see, has the same bug as yumex. It cannot have a channel with
> multiple baseurls.
> At least that is what I found. So in my opinion it is smart
> that is to blame not livna.

I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong. What do you mean "does
not use the original livna repo"? Livna actually provides a
script that sets up livna for smart, if you choose to run it. It
sets up the livna channel with the livna baseurl, and it sets up
the mirrors. And it works well. It's not supposed to have a
channel with multiple base url's - it has a different syntax,
and comparing it to yum or yumex is like mixing apples and
orangutans

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA