password

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 10 11:01:34 UTC 2007

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez:
> > Of course I'm not going to tell you guys what I do with my passwords :-)

Vivek J. Patankar:
> So why mention it in the first place?

Quoting from Yes Minister, or Yes Prime Minister (a BBC TV series):
- Can you keep a secret?
- Yes...
- So can I.
(End of that conversation)

I would imagine that dictionary attacks would, now, also try mixing
together some words in various ways.  I think that if you have trouble
deciding on what to use for a password, you'd really want to take about
three words, at least, scramble the letters into gibberish, and use
that, making your password as long as the system will let you.  You do
want to make it so that any brute force attempt on your password takes
as much time as you can make it.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.