how to prevent reading of xml file from browser under a particular directory on FC5

ankush grover ankushfedora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 12:46:29 UTC 2007

hi friends,

 I have configured a HelpDesk Ticketing System on Fedora Core 5. The problem
I am facing is that there is a file called "site.xml" which
contains the information about database connections and I don't want ppl to
be able to read that file through browser. As per the readme.htm of that
software if the below entries will be put in .htaccess then nobody can read
the xml through browser.

<Files ~ ".xml">
  Order allow,deny
  Deny from all
  Satisfy All
</Files>

Even though the above entries are there in .htaccess still I am able to read
"site.xml" file. How do I prevent the reading of this file ?

HelpDesk Ticketing Software is  /var/www/html/request and .htaccess is under
/var/www/html/request.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover