About mono program with FC6

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 11 13:46:41 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Hello Paul,
>>>
>>> Just found out the message from the Server again :
>>> 4gb seg fixup, process mono(pid 2131), cs:ip 73:0811cd78
>>> printk:32150 messages suppressed.
>>>
>>> So...How can we to fix (solve) the problem ?
>>>

>> Weird error. Did that happen as soon as you tried to run that little
>> program? If it did, it looks like your install of mono is broken.
>>
>> su
>> yum -y remove mono*
>> yum -y install mono*
>>
>> should fix things.
>>
>> TTFN
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Hello Paul,
>
> May be the system run the program ( back end )...
> But I found when I run your sample, the error message will appear again
> every time !
> What mono is broken ?
> Sorry, I haven't install any patch rpm packages yet, due to the Server
> machine in test ENV now !
> If so, I run "rpm -Uhv mono*.rpm" is ok also ?
>
> Edward.

F-spot, beagle and probably other programs depend on mono to function.
Using yum with local repositories setup would be better to get the
dependent programs also. Otherwise, you would mess up your system even more.

Does the f-spot image viewer program crash your system? does F-spot work?

Jim

--
It's union rules. There's nothing we can do about it. Sorry.