About mono program with FC6

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 11 17:52:00 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:

>>> Hello Paul,
>>>
>>> May be the system run the program ( back end )...
>>> But I found when I run your sample, the error message will appear
>>> again every time !
>>> What mono is broken ?
>>> Sorry, I haven't install any patch rpm packages yet, due to the
>>> Server machine in test ENV now !
>>> If so, I run "rpm -Uhv mono*.rpm" is ok also ?
>>>
>>> Edward.
>>>

>> F-spot, beagle and probably other programs depend on mono to function.
>> Using yum with local repositories setup would be better to get the
>> dependent programs also. Otherwise, you would mess up your system even
>> more.
>>
>> Does the f-spot image viewer program crash your system? does F-spot work?
>>
>> Jim
>>
> Hello Jim,
>
> Sorry, what is F-spot ?
>
> Edward.

It is a graphics program which depends on 6 mono related packages to run
properly. I do not have it installed but realized that it was one of the
programs that are in core and use mono to function.

Jim

Installing:
  f-spot             i386       0.3.2-1.fc7      development       1.7 M
Installing for dependencies:
  gnome-sharp        i386       2.16.0-1.fc6     development       444 k
  gtk-sharp2         i386       2.10.0-3.fc6     development       693 k
  mono-core          i386       1.2.2-1.fc7      development        11 M
  mono-data          i386       1.2.2-1.fc7      development       1.7 M
  mono-data-sqlite   i386       1.2.2-1.fc7      development        56 k
  mono-web           i386       1.2.2-1.fc7      development       2.4 M
  mono-winforms      i386       1.2.2-1.fc7      development       2.9 M

Transaction Summary
Install      8 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 21 M
Is this ok [y/N]: n
Exiting on user Command
Complete!

--
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the
beach.