OT: can antennas for wireless Internet cause damage to health?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 12 13:25:13 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 06:42, Tim wrote:
>Les:
>
>Tim:
>>> You're arguing that the genetic effects, including hereditary ones,
>>> scientifically observed are false?  I don't think I'd go along with
>>> that.  Whether it's worse or better than other poisons, is another
>>> matter (whether that be on the intended prey, or the side effects).
>>> Poison is poison...
>
>jdow:
>> Scientifically observed by who? The source Norm cited is ridiculous
>> pseudo-scientific double-talk better associated with the Greens and
>> PETA freakazoids.
>
>I didn't use that information for reference purposes.  DDT got abandoned
>by many countries.  They have their own scientific establishments to
>make such decisions (observe the effects, rate one poison against
>another, et al), and don't all base their decisions on any one
>particular paper (e.g. the one you poo pooh).  While some do err on the
>side of caution and monitor what other countries do, they don't all
>follow blindly, and some will abjectly disregard another country's point
>of view on certain matters.
>
>>From time to time I hear about DDT in one way or another (ban it, don't,
>why it was banned, etc.).  I'm yet to see a scientific expert stand up
>and say the reasons for it stopping being used, or the way it was used
>was changed, was a load of FUD, or even anyone else try.

The facts, in the case of DDT, are irrefutable.  It causes a calcium
take-up problem in our surviving dinosaurs, aka birds, so their eggshells
are so thin the egg cannot survive a 1/2" drop from the birds rear into
the nest.  We, yeah MAN and his DDT damned near did what the asteroid
strike in the Yucatan 65 million years ago didn't quite do, kill the last
of the dinosaurs.  And, FWIW, between DDT and the PCB's, we have nearly
killed all the frogs, which depend on a bone in their penis to get the
job of making new frogs done.  That bone is, in the few survivors taken
from the effected areas, so shrunken or missing entirely that that frog
WILL be the last of his family.

>> Grow some brains, boy.
>
>Try growing some manners, cunt!

And you are out of line, Tim.  Way out.