a humble request

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 12 17:13:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 16:46 +0100, Chris Rouch wrote:
> It's possible to force this using hal, for some devices at least. For
> example, I have cds mount on /media/burner by creating

On a particular machine, easy enough.  I think the real problem would
lay with a program you'd expect to be able to write for all machines.
You couldn't expect everyone to modify their machines to suit that
program, and what about the next author with different demands?
Mounting by volume name is the best way for an application to ask for
its own data, and get what it wants.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.