compiler problems

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 02:19:31 UTC 2007

Michael Klinosky wrote:
> Hello.
> I just attempted my first compile - but (apparently) didn't install the
> package when I installed the distro (FC 6). Here is the output from
> ./configure :
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> I figured that I could use Package Manager (the Browse tab), but I'm not
> at all experienced with what I need. What do I need to compile?

The "Development Tools" group I believe has the compiler and other items
needed to compile programs on the machine. You can either use
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
or select the development group from the add/remove programs.

Jim

--
There's no easy quick way out, we're gonna have to live through our
whole lives, win, lose, or draw.