how can I play an .flv file?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:48:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 17:58 -0500, magicus wrote:

> Claude Jones wrote:
>
> > I have a flash video file with the extension .flv
> > Is there a way to play it in Fedora? I have all the codecs for mplayer
> > installed but that didn't work. I tried to drop into Firefox which has flash
> > installed, but it wanted to open it with Totem
> > Am I missing the obvious?
>
> I play .flv files in mplayer, xine & vlc on FC6.
>
> Here is the output of rpm -qi for all three:

Would you do me a favor and do: rpm -qa |grep xine and reply here or
directly to me? I cannot get xine to play an flv file... it'll play but
it's jerky and no sound. I didn't used to have this problem, so I'd like
to know just what you installed and from where, related to xine. mplayer
and vlc work just fine. Thanx! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net