Installation of FC6 does not boot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 16 09:54:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 19:00 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> I have just installed FC6 on a second hard disk (hdb); the first hard
> disk (hda) contains Windows XP. Everything went fine during the
> installation. However, the computer boots always on Windows XP.  Any
> ideas?

Although you say you've solved this, just for curiosity's sake, can you
remember where you told the installer to put GRUB?

I set up FC6 dual-booting on a friend's XP, it did not put GRUB
on /dev/hda like I told it to, I had your problem.  I had to manually
re-install GRUB.  GRUB's fine, there's something screwy with the FC6
installation routine.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.