Kaffiene question re audio

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 19 01:39:14 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I just swore off of livna, once you have a livna rpm installed, its
>> dependencies absolutely preclude updating anything else.  Is there not
>> an equ from freshrpms, dries, or atrpms?
>>
>> I'm trying to maintain a semiworking system here, but if I nuke
>> everything from livna, I doubt if it would even reboot.  So out of
>> this list, what is safe to 'rpm -e --nodeps' and then reinstall from
>> one of the other repo's?
>
>You might want to install SMART and use it to make the replacements.
>I am still learning it, but one thing I like is that it will display
>the packages from all the repo's next to each other, with the
>installed one in green. It will then let you pick the package from
>another rope, and un-install from the first. As long as the new
>package will fill the dependencies of the old package, it will
>replace one package with the other. It will also pop up a list of
>packages that would get removed if you remove a package, and let you
>change your mind. You can even "downgrade" a package to an older
>version. It doesn't completely eliminate the dependencies problem,
>but id does make change what repo a package comes from a bit easier.
>Now, if it would only let you see the repo and the description at
>the same time...

I did run it, for the first time today, but apparently my setup wasn't
sufficient to enable that very handy bit of logic.  I assume I don't have
enough stuff in the /etc/smart tree:

root at coyote smart]# ls
channels  distro.d
[root at coyote smart]# tree
.
|-- channels
|   |-- fedora-core.channel
|   |-- fedora-development.channel
|   |-- fedora-extras-development.channel
|   |-- fedora-extras.channel
|   |-- fedora-legacy.channel
|   |-- fedora-updates-testing.channel
|   |-- fedora-updates.channel
|   `-- smart.channel
`-- distro.d
    `-- livna.py

2 directories, 9 files

Where do I get the enabling files for the rest of it?

Thanks, Mikkal.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)