Usb/udev/kernel problem

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:41:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 08:10 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > >
> > > 'Morning, Anne. I had a similar problem: there is an error with
> > > Anaconda in the installation of FC6. See,
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common
> > >
> > > A Google search for
> > >
> > > i586 i686 linux kernel anaconda bug
> > >
> > > will get you a number of alternatives to read with your Sunday coffee
> > > and croissants but they all say pretty much the same thing. I
> > > performed this fix on my machine and it's fine now. I trust the same
> > > will apply to your problem.
> >
> > This is the same problem everyone encountered, isn't it? From the first
> > Fedora 6 install? Make sure you rid yourself of the i586 package or yum
> > will faithfully update it. Ric
>
> I thought I had dealt with this immediately after the install.  I wonder if I
> matched to the i586, then somehow got an upgrade to the i686?  Maybe that's
> what confused the system.

I think it might have been better had there been a respin on the install
CD image as soon as the problem surfaced. We're still seeing users with
this problem cropping up and that isn't good... when it could have been
resolved way back when. That's my two cents worth. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net