How I "turn-on" e-mail?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 02:58:42 UTC 2007

Bob Sinbuzz wrote:
> Yes,
>
> This works good; port 25 is now open on my box.
>
> Now, I'm stumped by another obstacle.
>
> When I send e-mail to the host,
> it bounces:
>
> PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1
> <root at xwafflex911.com<dbikle at ow911.com>>...
> Relaying denied
>
> This smells like another configuration issue in my sendmail.mc
>
> I'm not sure what to change though.
>
> How do I relay e-mail to my host?

It should accept mail from anywhere to your own addresses (your hostname
or any other names you add to /etc/mail/local-hostnames.  If you want
other machines to be able to send mail that is accepted and relayed on
to some other destination, add the permitted network range(s) to
/etc/mail/access with RELAY and restart sendmail.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com