Fedora 7 vs. Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Ryan Li li_international at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 04:07:55 UTC 2007

Dear Fedora User Community,

I have used various flavors of Linux in the past... starting with Corel
Linux, SUSE, and then onto Red Hat. The last one I used before Fedora Core 6
was Red Hat 9~ so I had been out of the loop for quite sometime.. (was too
busy with Mac OS X)

I don't know much about Ubuntu but have heard that the new Ubuntu Feisty
Fawn is coming out a little before Fedora 7 comes out and that it's supposed
to be much better (just from word of mouth). I was hoping that the Fedora
User Community could tell me 'and other users out there' why we should stick
with Fedora.

I'm new to Fedora and like what I've seen so far. I'm hoping that Fedora
will be the #1 choice for everyone in the future. Is there a big difference
between Ubuntu and Fedora? Please don't feel offended by this. I'm just
curious as to why not everyone has already switched to Fedora..

Sincerely,
Ryan