[Fedora] Sendmail's 2GiB limit?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 20 22:47:19 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> I use RHEL/CentOS for servers and they rotate syslog(s) every week, not
> every month. I'm surprised that Fedora would do differently than RHEL.

    I didn't say that it's Fedora's default rotation, did I?  I said WE
rotate once a month.  In other words, WE adjust our rotation
configuration to do it once a month, and WE keep 12 months worth of logs.

    However, this isn't about the rotation frequency.  I can hit 2GiB in
a week easily, but that's not the problem here.  This is about the
*limitation* that sysklogd has and the question as to WHY.  There's, in
my mind, absolutely no reason for this limitation, and yet it seems to
have escaped everyone, probably because everyone rotate every week.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6