Install-no errors-no Fedora

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Feb 21 21:28:37 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 18:50, Mike Adolf wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just ran the Fedora 6 GUI installer from DVD download.  It pretty much
> did its own thing, not requiring much interface.  I don't recall seeing
> a boot loader MBR choice or question. After rebooting, I expected to see
> a grub or lilo boot loader, but nothing.  It just went directly to
> Windows.  In a second attempt, I selected the drive I installed on as
> the boot device - got "error loading OS".  What do I do now?  Did I miss
> something?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Just out of interest what machine make/model is this on? . I've seen there are
problems with setting up dual booting on some Dell machines. It's something
to do with these machines having some sort of sytem reinstall stuff at the
beginning of the drive in case you put your windows system out to lunch.

If you try to install Linux on these machines, Dell's fantastic reinstall
system stuff at the beginning of the drive prevents Grub being installed in
the MBR.

Nigel.