Intel usb camera on FC6

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Feb 21 22:33:27 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 23:00, Jeff G wrote:

> > > Do you have an "atrpms.repo" in /etc/yum.repos.d ?
> > >
> > > #
> > > #
> > > [atrpms]
> > > name=Fedora Core 6 - i386 - ATrpms
> > > baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc6-i386/atrpms/stable
> > > failovermethod=priority
> > > enabled=1
> > >
> > > Anyaway, this is the module you need:
> > >
> > > http://dl.atrpms.net/all/gspcav1-kmdl-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6-1.00.12-3.fc6.a
> > >t.i686.rpm
> > >

> > > --
> > > Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> > > LCG - UFRJ
>
> [re-sending, left off the list]
>
> duh! - it was already installed.  That's why it was saying nothing to do.
> I guess it doesn't support the camera after all, even though the doc
> seemed to say it did.
>
> Upon further investigation, the sources say "for developers only"
>
> Thanks so much for the help.
>
> Jeff

What does /sbin/lsusb show? Is the camera there?

One app that I find works well with webcams, as long as they are detected is
"Camstream".

I can appreciate the frustration. there are similar problems on some sound
cards, and TV tuner cards, etc.

It may be worth trying a different webcam. The lifetec LT9388 using the ov511+
driver, which I have, works ok. See what's available, and check them out
before buying.

Don't give up.

Nigel.