ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Feb 22 00:59:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Alan wrote:

>> Maybe :), but he has a couple things I agree with, RH/Fedora is losing
>> ground on desktop share, because people want things to just work, like as
>> simple as playing a bloody mp3, which they can do with every other distro
>> out there. like it or not, its here and here to stay.
>
> Its called "US law".

The U.S law does not apply to any other country ( contrary to what the U.S
likes to think ;) )

And if thats such a problem, like I said, why do none of the other distros
base in hte US stop providing...

> to cause trouble. Many of the other distributions aren't worth sueing
> because they have no money anyway. Others seem to be hoping that

I dont believe that for a second. A large distro base like Slackware and
Debian offer them, and there name is as well known as RH's.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie