ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 03:06:45 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:59 +1000, Res wrote:
>> Secondly, the version upgrade is messy, I've never ever yet upgraded
>> from one version of RH or Fedora without conflicts, FC4 was a comple
>> explosion, I gave up and reinstalled previous and ignored FC4.
>
> I'd have to say that's a dicey thing to do on other OSs, as well.
> Windows included.

Macs do a nice trick. Aside from upgrading the same machine, if you buy
a new Mac can connect your old one via firewire, boot it as a firewire
target (they all do that) and it will migrate all your old settings
(users/passwords etc.) and programs over.  A new Intel Mac will even
migrate older PPC programs over and continue to run them.  That's a
tough act to follow.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com