ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Feb 22 03:07:24 UTC 2007

Charles Curley writes:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 07:06:35PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> If I can implement this level of error recovery in my package
>> manager, there's no reason rpm couldn't.
>
> Is your package manager available for us to play with?

Yes - http://www.lpmtool.com

On FC6 there's a minor compilation error which I've already fixed in CVS,
I'm just too lazy to bump the label and cut a new tarball.  If you want to
get it built on FC6, pull the source from Sourceforge CVS.  Also, you'll
need to find the Perl-RPM2 package somewhere.  Perl-RPM2 is strangely absent
from FC6 Extras, you'll need to hunt it down yourself.

A sample screenshot: http://www.lpmtool.com/gnome.html

All current Courier tarballs include an lpm specfile, in addition to an rpm
specfile, so they can be played with, as sample lpm packages.