ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Feb 22 09:42:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Michael A Peters wrote:

> What has redhat bastardized?
> They remove patent problem code from gstreamer-plugins.
> That code is not even necessary if you disable the plugins at build
> time.

xmms for starters, have not bothered trying audacious, but im sure they
removed part of the original authors code that plays mp3's etc as well in
that.

> attracting noobs and then faded. Ubuntu isn't fading as fast as I
> thought it would, maybe it is here to stay, but Fedora in my experience
> is a lot nicer than Red Hat was - even for noobs.

Call me ol school I dunno I prefered RedHat to Fedora
And Ubuntu wont fade when Fedora plays its current politics.
I have almost been tempted to try Ubuntu as some of my collegues say its
fantastic.

> It's messy on Windows too. After applying SP2 on my laptop, I could not
> boot. Had to go into rescue mode. Problem was a virus checker.

Linux/Solaris user through and through, dont use win.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie