autofs

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:09:16 UTC 2007

I just installed FC6 on a server at work and found autofs to have major
problems, this was a suprise.

Even though /net is uncommented in /etc/auto.master (see below) I get no
/net path.  NIS based maps are not picked up at all, /etc/nsswitch.conf has
automount set to "nis files"

auto.master:
#
# $Id: auto.master,v 1.4 2005/01/04 14:36:54 raven Exp $
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
#
/misc   /etc/auto.misc
/net    -hosts
#
# Include central master map if it can be found using
# nsswitch sources.
#
# Note that if there are entries for /net or /misc (as
# above) in the included master map any keys that are the
# same will not be seen as the first read key seen takes
# precedence.
#
#+auto.master

On 1/12/07, Mark Knoop <mark at markknoop.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:13:24 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> >
> > > It seems to me that
> > >
> > > autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.2.i386.rpm
> > >
> > > is broken.
>
> In what way?