Treo 700p USB Problems -- FC6

Ben Brown xthor at xthorsworld.com
Thu Feb 22 23:07:45 UTC 2007

Hey everyone:

I'm having some issues syncing my Treo 700p. I have a Dell Latitude D820
in a D/Port port replicator. The Treo syncs just fine when it's sync
cable is connected directly to the USB ports on the laptop itself, but
when attached to the port replicator, I see this message in dmesg, over
and over again, till I disconnect the Treo:

usb 5-8.4: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 66
usb 5-8.4: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8420) error -32
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8420) error -32
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8420) error -32
usb 5-8.4: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 67
usb 5-8.4: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8430) error -32
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8430) error -32
usb 5-8: clear tt 4 (8430) error -32

I'm running kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6.

Google wasn't much help, and I'm not sure what those errors mean.
Figured I'd start here. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

- Ben