ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 23 00:52:29 UTC 2007

Martin A. Marques:
>> The problem with debian is that if you use stable, you are stuck with
>> the versions of the programes there (example, php4, apache 1.3,
>> postgresql 7.4, etc.)

Still Apache 1.3, after ALL THESE YEARS?!?

>> On the other hand, you get a very secure server. Something like CentOS. :-D

Les Mikesell:
> Except that they never have a schedule for the next release.  So you're
> not only way out of date, you don't know how long you will be that way.

I don't have a problem with that.  I prefer systems that stay the same
until there is something that is difinitively better, not just updated
at some point in time because of an arbitrary decision.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.