new daylight savings time

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Feb 23 23:27:58 UTC 2007

You know I have everything from Redhat 9 to Fedora Core 6 all running
needed services.  I have 2 core 2 servers doing DNS.  I have a Redhat
9 box running iptables as my firewall, I have 2 fedora 5 boxes running
webpages and squid, a core 6 box doing mail, webmail.  To say that if
I have anything less than a Fedora core 4 box I have problems is not
very bright.  Both of my DNS servers are core 2.  I have updated named
several times since putting them online, but they are running on old
hardware, that may not be compat. with newer versions of Linux.  I ask
a simple question expecting at least some kind of intelligent answer.
I have very little free time.  I cant update my OS's every 6 months to
keep up with the newest releases.  Nor do I think that is prudent, if
it aint broke dont mess with it.  My dns servers work very well.  My
dhcp server works very well, my firewall works very well.  If I
upgrade to a newer version, that may not be the case.  Most of my
packages are built from source not rpm.  So an upgrade may fail, so
then where would I be.  Yea, I'll check the archives.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator