fglrx question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 24 05:15:43 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
[and snipped once is enough for most of this]
>(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or
> directory)
It may not have existed when x was started, but it does exist now:
Restarting X doesn't change the message though.

# ls -la /var/run
srw-rw-rw-  1 root     root        0 Feb 22 22:20 acpid.socket
>(WW) Warning, couldn't open module ati-agp
It is available and loadable, but doesn't link to anything when I do load
it.  Restarting x with it loaded doesn't effect the error.
>From an lsmod:

radeon                115744  0
drm                    78356  1 radeon
nvidia_agp             12060  1
agpgart                34380  2 drm,nvidia_agp

This motherboard is an nvidia nforce2 motherboard.

>(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:2:0:1)
>found

The PCI BusID is miss-quoted in the error message, its 2:00.1 in the lspci
output:

[root at coyote dlds-rpms]# lspci  -vv |grep -A9 2:00.1
02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]
(Secondary) (rev 01)
        Subsystem: VISIONTEK Unknown device 7c12
        Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)