RH9 updates??

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Feb 24 20:34:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:26:33PM -0600, Dave Nordlund wrote:
> What is the source for updates for RH9?  I need minimum of DST updates.
> RH lead me on with all the procedures to register my machine then
> cut me off at the pass when I tried to do it all!

There is no source for updates. It is unsupported and has been for a while
now.

You can update the time zone information manually (the tzdata package wasn't
broken out of glibc back then, so just rebuilding and updating tzdata isn't
an option). But, as mentioned elsewhere, if you're running RHL9, the
timezone is the *least* of your problems.

Probably the best course of action is to upgrade the machine to CentOS 4.