Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 21:39:33 UTC 2007

> Since when could Windows XP not open zips by default? I just installed
> XP for someone and I can open zip files just fine. I also do not have
> Winzip installed on a laptop and it opens zip files and can create zip
> files without winzip having been downloaded or any other archive manager
> for that matter. Are there version of winxp that can not zip and unzip?
> =-/ Weird.
>
> Alex White

Maybe I'm thinking of win2k.  The point still stands: a plain ol' XP
install isn't goint to give you much joy.  If it'll open a ZIP, how
about DOC? PPT? Any MS Office file?  Or SVG,  AI,  PSD?  What about a
plain old PDF?

These are things handled by 'yum -y groupinstall "GNOME Desktop
Environment"', with zero human interaction required.

Chris