tzdata for Core 4

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 22:33:15 UTC 2007

Michael A Peters wrote:
> I thought legacy was now defunct?

Yes, legacy is defunct. But installing whatever updates are available is
better than not installing them...

> btw - if legacy is dead, it would be nice to not lose FC updates until
> two months old and a couple months, even if the only updates pushed are
> security fixes.

Do you mean "two years old and a couple of months"? You probably want
RHEL or Centos.

Do you mean two releases and a couple of months? The plan, I understand,
is that FC5 will be supported until a month after F7 is released, which
should be close enough...

> For "utility" type boxes, the latest FC is really not necessary except
> when no more updates are pushed, and upgrading those boxes can be time
> consuming, so sometimes I like to wait until a release is a month old
> and bad things have been discovered and fixed. I bet I'm not the only
> one. Knowing there will be security fixes for two versions old would be
> a comfort while waiting, especially since purpose of these boxes is to
> have open ports.

Seriously, that's the sort of use for which RHEL or CentOS is suited --
set it up, set up updates, and forget it.

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | I learnt the rules of rugby. There is only one rule.
aprilcottage.co.uk | "Skip it by any means necessary".