ESR: Goodbye Fedora

javajunkie javajunkie at koyuru.com
Wed Feb 28 04:33:34 UTC 2007

> > I watched the video which was a propaganda piece which would make the
> > Bush administration proud .

> I voted for both Presidents Bush, and I should very much like to vote
> for Newt Gingrich, if anyone can persuade him to stand for election as
> President of the United States.
>
> Here is my challenge to you, Aaron: Can you refute that video? Can you
> deny that without America, any of the newscasts in that video would
> /not/ have come to pass?

A world without Linux would be...(fill in the blank)[obviously a less
good place]

Does this mean we should stop trying to improve Linux?

Logical consistency would argue you are saying yes [ie. because
something has done well, that means it escapes criticism].  I say no.

America has done well.  Can it not do better?  Perhaps you say no.  I
say yes.  I think it needs to really, for it's own sake.

Same with M$ft.  Should people just accept the way it is because it has
done well, or should they look for a superior alternative?  It depends I
guess on how you define "well".

You like Bush.  My standards are higher.  This does not mean I don't
agree with you.  It's just that my standards are higher.