How to setup a Linux mail server?

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Jan 2 05:52:39 UTC 2007

Hi Kevin
Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I'm thinking that the best solution my be to setup my own "internal" mail
> server, have the mail server pull all my various email accounts, then use

MailScanner would be the perfect option on your local mail server, since
you have spamassassin it will assist along with MailScanners internal spam
checks and anti phishing tests etc, The site also has module for clamav which
interacts better as you dsont need to run clamd etcn or with
spamassasin spamd/c or whatever, none of that is required to be running as
it doesnt us eit, it uses a more efficent approach.

It works best with sendmail, but will work with other MTAs.
There is an RPM on the site for easy install.
http://www.mailscanner.info

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters