Post FC6 upgrade SELinux problem

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:54:42 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 10:41 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
> > And could someone tell me if this was a failure of the upgrade, and if
> > so, should I report this?
>
> I'd guess so, since I didn't notice that problem when doing a completely
> fresh installation of FC6.  I haven't done any update installations
> since about Red Hat Linux 7.x.  That was a disaster, and the time
> involved was far worse than fresh installs.

I was reading the FC6 Release Notes, and they *almost* deprecate upgrades!?

The problem is that getting my desktop machine back its original state
under FC5 after a fresh install of FC6 would be a huge effort.

Actually, further research shows that the problem is not limited to
the xfs server. There's a whole bunch of "avc: denied" problems. And I
discovered there is a fedora-selinux list. So I'm moving this
discussion over there...

Kirk