Redhat vs. Oracle

jim tate mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 4 18:22:59 UTC 2007

Had a opportunity to attend a LUG meeting last night, and a Oracle  rep.
spoke on their product.
Kind of got the feeling that the God $Microsoft had just arrived.
The expression of ARROGANCE was in the room.
Like Redhat is not bowing down to us (Oracle).
He made a statement about a kernel patch that they sent to Redhat  that
deals with  Oracle and Redhat didn't
put it in their kernel and Suse did,  (Well!!! the nerve of Redhat).
My own personal perspective is , that  Oracle would just love to see
Redhat stock go to the bottom, so they could
step in, take over Redhat. Their CEO Larry Somebody would just love to
be the $Microsoft of Linux.
It kind of appeared to me that they didn't get the kind of feedback they
where seeking from this meeting, they came in with a
WindowsXP laptop, to give their presentation on. I'm sure it would have
came off great if they had walked into a  $Microsoft meeting with a
loaded Linux Laptop. They didn't even  stay after the presentation to
talk with others, they scooped up their $MS laptop and got out of there
It would be a dark day in Linux if Oracle got there hands on Redhat,
Redhat has been the foremost company in giving back to the Linux
community. Oracle has only one thing in mind, Just making money, and to
hell with the community.
What would happen to Fedora if there was no Redhat, Think about it.

Jim