Need compiz rpm updates from Fedora!

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 07:32:17 UTC 2007

Why don't the Compiz package managers update their offerings?  The FC6
version is now way out of date!

I've been running Beryl, which was added in Fedora Extras, but I'd
really like to see what the compiz-freedesktop project has generated.
The Beryl authors removed some features (such as the wallpaper plugin)
 and their website indicates they don't intend to put it back.  The
compiz website says they have put in that and other fun-looking
plugins.

I've built the new version of compiz on my own system, but something
is wrong in my development setup because I can't succeed in building a
version in which window decorations show on the screen, but most other
things do work.  So I'm hoping the compiz package manager will just
update the official RPMs.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science