FC6 Install x86_64 yum.YumBase

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jan 5 17:12:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, David Timms wrote:

> Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
>> I can't upgrade to Fedora Core 6 on my x86_64 workstation. When ever I
>> try I get the message 'No handlers could be found for logger
>> "yum.YumBase"'. When I try in text mode this shows up over the
>> installer. When I try in graphical mode it is printed to one of the
>> terminals. In text mode the last thing to show up on the terminal with
>> all of the other messages is '15:02:10 : selected kernel package for
>> kernel'.
>>
>> Any idea what's going on?
> We are going to need a hint about what distro/release/updates the machine is
> currently running ?
>
> Also, this seems like a test release sort of issue, are you using the actual
> fc6 release {zod} ?

I have seen this issue upgrading either FC4 or FC5 to FC6 (released
version) on an AMD system (32 bit). The system had RPMs loaded from
freshrpms.net, core and extras.  I don't remember if it had been upgraded
from a previous release.  (It might have.)

Not certain what causes it.  I got around it by installing on another
drive and them moving users over.  (Which is made more difficul;t by
gconf. grumble.)

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark